HL2 + Episode 1 & 2 + Deathmatch GCFs

thanks for these.
your other two threads with the same title as this are empty. they should be deleted.

Tnx :D
Played HL1, then torrented a non-steam version of HL2, then never got around to downloading this (since all the other ones I found on this website were broken links 'n stuff).
BTW, do I need all of these? I already have HL2DM

I would suggest always having the most up to date GCFs. Certain games require other games GCFs to function properly.

Ok, tnx again ;)
One more question that doesnt really need to be answered but...
Why is the game dialog file so small? It doesnt make much sense.

Can you please say how to get free premium account to megaupload.com?
I hate waiting 2 hours after i've downloaded half the needed files

MAJOR ERROR... I am stuck at the 'Download Stating" and it never starts, i have tried deleting local content, then put the gcf back, but it still does the same thing, went into norm steam, and tried to finish updating, diddnt work, please help!

You can register a free account and that gets you more access. We have MU account in VIP on WHQ and Here on FS.
Game Dialog is so small because I believe it just text just for captions, etc. Not really sure otherwise. I was able to greatly compress it.
It wont update in normal Steam. You don't own the game.

Herm...
All was awesome.. util episode 2.
nearly 80% of the textures are missing or misplaced with different ones that dont make sense :(
Its kind of annoying. I have all the gcfs too so.. I'm not sure why its not working.
Can someone help me plz? I searched the forum and found ppl w/ simaler problems but there solutions didnt help (I even used google :3)
so... plz help :)

i had a few questions cause im new to this,

1. where do i put the GCF files that i download

2. if i just want the half life 2 episode 2 gcf files to use in Garry's Mod 11(i have garrys mod) which files do i download?

Just the episode 2 related GCFs (2)
and GCFs go in your Steam/steamapps folder.

please tell me which files i need for only half-life episode 2. appreciate it :p

Edit: I'll start dl the obvious files :D

In one big word:

Thanks.

Edit: can you please reupload the episode 2 content.gcf? the textures really annoyme like hell :(

temeperary unavaileble means that the server on megaupload which the file is uploaded on is temperary down, it will fix itself in couple of hours/days

so just wait

If it's not fixed soon let me know and I will re-upload.

Thank you everythings working completed all half-life 2 games and now playing mods

Can you suggest any good Sourcemods?

Insurgency or there's a few others. Just need to look them up.

here are all of the hl2 mods i have installed (i'm poor so before i discovered this site i needed games to play so i installed tons of sourcemods :) ):

Insurgency - very fun
Age of Chivalry - kinda fun for a little while
D.I.P.R.I.P. - fun the first time you play, then you never play it again
Dystopia - okay
Smashball - looks fun but never found a server to play on
Eternal Silence - this was actually okay it is kinda star warsy-ish cuz you can fly in weird space aircraft
Synergy - don't bother
Zombie Panic: Source - pretty good

Others that you can't download with Steam:

Fortress Forever - very fun (if you ever get this read the license.txt file it's hilarious)
Empires - looks fun but when you are like the team leader you have to like direct your team where to go and stuff and i got kicked cuz i had no idea what i was doing and i was like building random turrets everywhere so yeah kinda hard
GoldenEye: Source - would be more fun if more people played
Jailbreak: Source - not many if any servers as i recall
Perfect Dark: Source - i don't think it had many servers either
MINERVA: Metastasis - fun single-player mod

the episode 2 gcfs dont work. i extract the first one first and then it asks the another part and tell the winrar where it is and it extracts it too to a one part. but the steam regonizes only the first part. it says that 620 mbs have to be downloaded but it cant. so what i have to do?

are you sure you got all of the gcfs needed for the game? also you need to have all of the parts in the same directory when extracting.

Code:
Error writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\EP2 Content\sound\vo\npc\vortigaunt\alert_antlions.wav (Error: Unexpected end of GCF stream (0 B of 94693 B).  Has the GCF file been completely acquired?)
Error writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\EP2 Content\sound\vo\outland_01\intro\OL01_VortCall01.wav (Error: Unexpected end of GCF stream (0 B of 186686 B).  Has the GCF file been completely acquired?)
Error writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\EP2 Content\sound\vo\outland_01\intro\OL01_VortCall02c.wav (Error: Unexpected end of GCF stream (0 B of 238681 B).  Has the GCF file been completely acquired?)
Error writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\EP2 Content\sound\vo\outland_01\intro\OL01_VortResp01.wav (Error: Unexpected end of GCF stream (0 B of 153752 B).  Has the GCF file been completely acquired?)
Error writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\EP2 Content\sound\vo\outland_01\intro\OL01_VortResp04.wav (Error: Unexpected end of GCF stream (0 B of 154036 B).  Has the GCF file been completely acquired?)
Error writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\EP2 Content\sound\vo\outland_02\sheckley_cover12.wav (Error: Unexpected end of GCF stream (0 B of 90599 B).  Has the GCF file been completely acquired?)
Error writing C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\USERNAME\garrysmod\garrysmod\addons\EP2 Content\sound\vo\outland_02\sheckley_cover24.wav (Error: Unexpected end of GCF stream (0 B of 106668 B).  Has the GCF file been completely acquired?)

:confused:

Do you get that ingame while playing?
Console shows alot of errors even if it's alright.

Got it when extracting via GCFScape, seems to work alright in game.

It is the episode two content.gcf by the way.

WOOT? i got this error message when i tried to open half-life 2 episode two english.gcf.rar file:

Downloads\HL2ep2ENG-Dec19th2009-www.FreeSteam.org.rar: CRC epдonnistui kryptatussa tiedostossa C:\Documents and Settings\Omistaja\Omat tiedostot\Downloads\HL2ep2ENG-Dec19th2009-www.FreeSteam.org.rar (vддrд salasana?)
Downloads\HL2ep2ENG-Dec19th2009-www.FreeSteam.org.rar: CRC epдonnistui kryptatussa tiedostossa C:\Documents and Settings\Omistaja\Omat tiedostot\Downloads\HL2ep2ENG-Dec19th2009-www.FreeSteam.org.rar (vддrд salasana?)

(ok, I noticed it's in finnish :D)
so it says that it has "CRC failed in the crypted file" and at the end is (wrong password?)
isn't the password www.freesteam.org or that's what I understood it was???
Thanks for help! :confused:

Ur meaning with capital letters? I'll try that, though I'm not on my own computer now...
And thanks for the heads up on that one, didn't even think 'bout that

Now im understand that all but Half Life 2 Episode 2 doesnt work at me in CFTool stand only 50% of game

Game/Media/Tool Editor Size Completion Information
Half-Life 2: Episode Two Valve 8.07 GBytes 83.29%

File Size Version Completion Information
episode two content.gcf 1.31 GBytes 9 99.92%

MFG swizzlord

Now im understand that all but Half Life 2 Episode 2 doesnt work at me in CFTool stand only 50% of game

Game/Media/Tool Editor Size Completion Information
Half-Life 2: Episode Two Valve 8.07 GBytes 83.29%

File Size Version Completion Information
episode two content.gcf 1.31 GBytes 9 99.92%

MFG swizzlord

hmm mkay thats strange like i can now download the Half-Life2 EP2 from steam but i dont know why i started the computer now i stopped him at the comment i maked here there doesnt work now it works any one knows why?

MFG swizzlord

Thanks for the Gcf's files !!
But does anyone know the mod "BlackMesa[Source]"?
Look Down for Information

Information:
----------------------------
Black Mesa (formerly Black Mesa: Source) is a Half-Life 2 total conversion remaking Valve Software's award-winning PC game, Half-Life. Utilizing the Source engine, Black Mesa will reintroduce the player as Doctor Gordon Freeman, along with the original cast of memorable characters and environments seen in Half-Life. Black Mesa was built and founded on the basis that Half-Life:Source was inadequate as the Source engine port of Half-Life, regardless of the intentions of Valve Software. As such, Black Mesa was founded to fully reconstruct the Half-Life universe utilizing Source to its fullest potential in terms of art detail, level sizes and code features. This total conversion will not require Half-Life: Source to play - only a copy of any Source Engine game installed on Steam. It should be noted that the project is being built from the ground up and is not a simple port of Half Life maps and models into the Source Engine. The idea is to remake the storyline used in Half Life into a new polished Source Engine version with new models, maps, voice acting and textures.

Back