counter strike help

SpartanPat492

Yeah, recently I downloaded Counter Strike using the Undead patch, and it says 100% but I double clicked it to start and it said it was validating game files, it finishes and then never starts. I went to CF Toolbox and it said it was at 95% so I checked which gcf wasn't finished and it was condition zero models.gcf. I tried to get it to finish downloading or update however you want to call it and it always says, download failed, and validation always fails too. It's only for this 1 game. Any suggestions? Thanks.

EDIT- I donwloaded the condition zero models.gcf from here and now it's at 100% and its valid, but Counter strike itself is at only 97%. I try to update it and get the 100% but it doesn't update anything, it seems like it has all the files, but it isnt at 100%. Also, new message from steam when I double click it. It says Steam has found a problem with your local games file. Game files will now be aquired from steam servers. It never aquires any files.

Yeah, recently I downloaded Counter Strike using the Undead patch, and it says 100% but I double clicked it to start and it said it was validating game files, it finishes and then never starts. I went to CF Toolbox and it said it was at 95% so I checked which gcf wasn't finished and it was condition zero models.gcf. I tried to get it to finish downloading or update however you want to call it and it always says, download failed, and validation always fails too. It's only for this 1 game. Any suggestions? Thanks.

EDIT- I donwloaded the condition zero models.gcf from here and now it's at 100% and its valid, but Counter strike itself is at only 97%. I try to update it and get the 100% but it doesn't update anything, it seems like it has all the files, but it isnt at 100%. Also, new message from steam when I double click it. It says Steam has found a problem with your local games file. Game files will now be aquired from steam servers. It never aquires any files.

You need the latest half-life gcfs, and cs will automatically update itself.

Ah, ok thank you.

EDIT- Ok, I got counter strike to work, but is there any way to get the setiservers patch to work for counter strike? I have to do it manually because the patch doesn't do anything, atleast it didn't for CSS, so how would I do it for CS?

EDIT- Nvm, I figured it out XD

Back