Hacking Portal: First Slice

ziplock

I wanted to know if it was possible to get the regular portal maps and gameplay in Portal: First Slice. I figured that if I opened up the regular Portal gcf (which is preloaded when you download P:FS) and copied some of the files to the demo's gcf, I would be able to play the full portal. Has anyone done this, or does anyone know how to do this? I think it can work w/ the HL:2 demo, also.

You can't actually download Portal from cracked steam.

You can download Portal First Slice which will give you some of the required GCF's for Portal, but you will still need to download the other GCFs. I recommend downloading First Slice and CFToolbox to see what GCFs are still required for you to play Portal, and then get them.

Some good news: 1. You can download the fully Portal without preloading any gcf's (or maybe the source 2007 contents) and play with that via UDP STEAM 2. You still can't download any else Valve game with this trick....

Some good news: 1. You can download the fully Portal without preloading any gcf's (or maybe the source 2007 contents) and play with that via UDP STEAM 2. You still can't download any else Valve game with this trick....

no offense but I have downloaded portal, half life 2, HL2: Death match, and Gary's mod with undead patch

Also... I started working on a new mod like 2 hours ago...

I'll go post more about it in another topic.

Uh, if you're going to download the Portal files anyway, and just put them in the demo, why don't you just download the full game?

I think that when you download First Slice from Steam it downloads full Portal too, just go into your steamapps/user/ and open "portal_content" with GCFScape, extract "portal" into your portal first slice folder, open "gameinfo.txt" and change the steamId to 410, that worked for me!

I think that when you download First Slice from Steam it downloads full Portal too, just go into your steamapps/user/ and open "portal_content" with GCFScape, extract "portal" into your portal first slice folder, open "gameinfo.txt" and change the steamId to 410, that worked for me!
how do i open portal content and how do i extract the portal on my portal first slice folder (i don't have one, i only have portal)?

Back