Half-Life 1 Standalone. (Works ALL mods, even Cry of fear)

CooteR

So this is a simple tutorial to how to get Hl1 Standalone.

1. You will need to make 2 copies of your steam files.
2. Download greenluma and place greenluma.ini, greenluma.dll and greenluma.exe in the main Steam folder (the new copy)
3. Start them with greenluma.exe
4. Go to your library and find Half-Life and start downloading it.
5. when its done you have to download Misteamsuite(http://cs.rin.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52701) inside of that there is Misteamprep.
6. Open misteamprep (you have to have steam closed) it will ask you to set 3 directorys the first one you should put in your steam copy steamapps folder, the second you should put in your NEW Half life folder (make one in your desktop or somewhere else) and then do the same thing with the second, put it in the NEW Half lfie folser.
7. Start the finder or can i say standaloner :D..
8.Go to your NEW half life folder, in there you will see that weird new half life shortcut.
Double click it to play :) HAVE FUN!

HOW GET MODS WORK!? Cry Of Fear, Paranoia and etc...

Its simple as 1, 2, 3

Install your mod to the NEW half life folder and make another copy of the new hl1 shortcut.
Then you should name the new shortcut with the mods name. When you have done that and the mod is installed, you HAVE to go to that new shortcuts properties and in there you see the "target" place that has text in it. Type there: -nomaster (dont know is it MUST have) and -game cryoffear
YOU HAVE TO TYPE THAT -GAME CRYOFFEAR other wise the mod will not launch. If you will make you will name your mods name like Bunnies then you will have to type -game bunnies
IT SO EASY!

Hope this works! HAVE FUN : )

I've tried this, word for word, and Cry of Fear didn't work. :( After I select the difficulty, it starts loading the game, then freezes. Can you give me some help?

My bad, sir.. You will only need hl1 non-steam from piratebay and cry of fear from moddb :) Then when you have installed hl1 you have to install cof to the hl1 folder. When that is done, go and copy the hl1 shortcut from your desktop and name it as "cry of fear" then go to properties and put this in the target section: -game cryoffear -sv_lan 1
When that is done, it will work like a charm! ^^ Hope you have fun!

Back