HL2 + Episode 1 & 2 + Deathmatch GCFs

Hey thanks man all the other links I have been finding for EP2 have been broken so far I just beat EP1 recently and have been dying to continue the story!

EDIT: Ummmm I think I'm doing something wrong. JDownloader says everything downloaded and extracted ok, but when I move all the files to my steamapps directory, the game stays at "Download Starting..." and it never progresses. Help please?

Hey im just wondering if you know the answer to this problem:

im trying to get the EP2 gcf's and im using IZArc and everytime I try to extract the gcf to my folder its comes up with a small message box that says " VolumeID -1 ( or 0)" and then there is a text box that says "C:\Users\-------\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files\Low\Content.IE5\B8GS8M0B\HL2ep2content-Dec19th2009-www.FreeSteam.org.part2[1].rar" then it has the "OK" and "cancel" button i keep clicking on "ok" but the box just keep coming back up and if i cancel it it doesnt extract anything. I dont know what im doing wrong. Oh btw i think i posted this twice already but when i download the part 2 the Izarc window comes up empty when i enter the code. any help at all would be great even if yo suggest someone else. Sorry if this is way to long

CFtools says that episode 2 content.gcf is 99.92%

I tried updating it with the 9 to 9 update but it doesn't do nothing

I tried redownloading but had the same effect.
Steam keeps saying that my file is corrupt and it must be redownloaded
I have Undead 6.66 patch with Half Life 2, Episode 1, Portal and Gmod installed.
I also have all the .gcf files listed for download in this thread.

If the problem is episode 2 content.gcf, someone could reupload it?

I had to download (via torrent) another episode 2 content.gcf, an outdated one,v5, then i had to download a 5 to 9 update , applied it with CFtools and it worked! I'm using New Steam right now

when i downloaded episode 1 part 1 shared.gcf
i opend it with winzip and it says a have the wrong password i tried time and time angain but it wont work and all the other ones iv tried work

everything works fine for Ep2 but when i try to run Ep1 it says "validating files ,then it ays complete then it doesn;t do anything, it does this everythime???"
what do i do?!?!?

Lol sorry for so many post
This all works Fine its perfect

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you need to place the gcf files into "steamapps" folder.

Still wating for good episode two content.gcf tho.. help needed people ! :)

CoolMB said:
SOMEONE PLZ RESPOND!!!! :( Everything worked smoothly, but now it just has been preloaded in the library section (Half life 2) and instead of saying "install"...says "purchase"
what do i do now

that is beacuse you cracked steam wrong

id like to play hl2 ep 1+2 again but the problem is that it keeps saying downloading updates i checked this topic but it seems that the GCF files need to be updated i downloaded a 9 to 9 update but it doesnt work (too bad) i saw someone with the post (on this page) saying to download a V5 version and update it with a 5 to 9 how do i get those files anyway all the torrents are dead is there any possibility for those who have it working to upload those GCF files id really appreciate it

that is beacuse you cracked steam wrong

How do you crack it the right way?...i got the same problem. i downloaded the 6.66 patch. then i clicked "Install and Launch" it says that it installed but when i go into steam. it still says that i got to pay for the games...what am i doing wrong?

This is prob. gonna sound weird.... but I own HL2/EP1/EP2.... I've got all the files and downloaded the latest updates.... I just don't want em to use Steam... but I have them downloaded on steam and all that.... is there an easy way to make them work w/o steam? I've read all these tutorials and all but they go over my head.

checked the new CFToolbox and i got the message that some of the ep1 and ep2 GCF files are outdated can anyone plz give me al link to a page where the gcf updates are posted? or a website that has the latest gcf files

Ok, after using the Deathmatch gcf, I can't use deathmatch anymore. Something about "Could not load library client."

How do you crack it the right way?...i got the same problem. i downloaded the 6.66 patch. then i clicked "Install and Launch" it says that it installed but when i go into steam. it still says that i got to pay for the games...what am i doing wrong?

I think that UndeadPatch is outdated, trie SteamUp!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, after using the Deathmatch gcf, I can't use deathmatch anymore. Something about "Could not load library client."

Did you know that you can get that game for free wiht the ATI / NVIDIA Promotion?

To make it wotk you need
1- Get a cracked Steam,I recomend you this:
http://www.freesteam.org/forums/clients-cracks-launchers/11257-steamup-v2-1-4-oct-30th-2009-a.html
2- You need all the files for the game,here are all the files and you can download it from there:
http://zerocrackingpoint.ws/scms/app_entry.php?appid=420
download all exept the Chinese Health Warning.gcf
3- Copy all the files downloaded in the C:\Program Files\Steam\Steamapps

then it sould work fine :D

the link doest work anymore...
give another one!
it gives 404 shit.

WWIII... I'm looking for "episode one 2007 content.gcf", because I need to do a little maintenance to steam (some gcfs have gone corrupt)... Any help here?

hey are these the latest gcfs for hl E1 + E2 cos i put all of them in my steam apps run the udead patch but they dont download they just sit in my download pannel not movin am i doing this right? any help would really be great and i would be well in your debt

Hi all!

So if I install the materials into steammaps, will I be able to use it in garrysmod, too?(I own gmod but i dont own episode 2)

episode two content.gcf
episode two content.gcf

i dont get it there are two files there named the same do i need gcfscape and add them to each one it keeps overwriting :)

When i try to extract them to steam apps, it doesnt do anything after extracting saying its broken or sumthin like dat

reup? somebody reup the newest version GCF HL2 EP2 !! please :)
and if it is possible, reup it on somethin that i can download with jdownloader :D

i tried to download the first hl2 file and it downloaded on steam, but it won't let me play the game, it just redirects me to the hl2 page

Wow thanks a lot....finally someone who knows what they are doing when it comes to half life... two thumbs up :D

how do i install episode 2? i downloaded
i got this problem with the episode 2 content.cfg because its 2 file's with same name so it doesn't go in the steamapp folder and i tried rename the part two to episode two2.cfg

Can you upload the newer ones? I just got through HL2 and I would really like to know what's gonna happen next.

Back