How can I run steam at school?

mathias92

FS Member
The school has some kind of protection, I don't know what kind it is, but some of my friend use SocksCap and YourFreedom to play WoW online. I have tried using steam with SocksCap and FreeCap now, does anyone know how I can use steam and play CS online on school?

Not if those ports are blocked. However, if it's PC based, there is a way.

It's not something that he can give you, it's something that you need to figure out yourself, then tell us, and we might do something about it.

You need to be able to open ports on the PC, and there is a lot of info I need.

its funny at my school i can go to gmod.com and freesteam and it isnt blocked! i cant go to steam website and i cant download steam :(:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

In my school freesteam.org is blocked xD
Their protecion is a shit, they block the dns resolution, just need to connect directly to the ip of the server or use a php proxy and pwned.

Steam is also blocked at school but with my dedicated server i can use it but i can't launch a game (for the moment :D).

I put steam on my flashdrive and the have a filter and i was able to play cs 1.6 online without a problem

Umm sure, but is there a way to use steam? :]

Ohk, basically a blocked port means you cant have access through these certain sites that use the ports. If you can find out what site u need to log into, get Key-Kcrack on ur usb or something, and then run the KK. then get pass, login go to ports, change block to unblock download steam, get apps, play. yea you wont get this done in one class.

uhm the site shud look like this but it shud be ur modem's number
shot_linksys_router_v3.gif

with a portable one, i gave every1 in my buisness/tech class an usb with cs 1.6....
MASSIVE LAN PARTY, even my teacher was playing. LOL

well in my school we just vpn/proxy out to a sever which we share the cost for, and we have full access out to the net :)

That's awesome.

At my school they had traffic charging for internet usage but they only monitored port 80 so you could run Tor and set it as your proxy and get free unfiltered internet :p

Only thing is they made it so you couldn't open the IE proxy settings so I had to whip up a little app to directly set the proxy in the registry :)

I used to play steam in school until they switched to macs, now there isn't a windows computer in sight. I made me sad and I cursed under my breath at teachers for two weeks -.-

wow you guys are lucky your school computers can even play steam games, in this day and age my school computers are still windows XP SP2 Pentium 4 with 256mb or 512mb or ram and takes forever to turn on... besides, why would you be so desperate to play steam games on the school computer?

Sorry, there are not really any free VPNs that function with Steam completely. This one called Kepard should work for you. It's much cheaper than any VPN I know, and should serve the purposes of any steam game. There should be coupons too that can make the price even lower, but pretty much any other VPN is much more expensive and may not work with Steam anyway. Sorry,but this is the only one I know of that gives full access, good luck.

https://www.kepard.com/billing/aff.php?aff=118

Why even thinking about runnin' steam at school? Kinda pointless. Oh, and you can always use android built in version for steam.