Quick Question

subzero4eva

FS Member
Hey, I am new here. I downloaded a bunch of games like Trials 2, The Ship, Condition Zero, and Couner-Strike. So far some are running great but some I have difficulty with. I downloaded the GCF files and placed them in my steamapps section. I have an undead cracked steam AND the SMD cracked steam (I think its called SMD). After placing the GCF under steamapps, the game comes up under My Games in steam. I can download the games but some of them like Condition Zero get stuck on "Download starting..."

Am i doing something wrong? I basically download all the files given out in the thread, extract them, place them in steamapps, load up steam, and then it downloads sometimes but sometimes it does not, like the situation I am in now.

If it is because I shouldn't be able to download with the cracked steam then if you could let me know another way that would be great.

Sorry if you answered these questions already but I could not really find the answer to these.

Thanks.

edit: also thanks for asking nicely here...most new ppl are just dumb and ask the stupidest questions without searching

Agreed.

I would only use one crack at a time. Try restoring the original Steam dll (change steam.dll.bak to steam.dll) and only use SMD. I'm not to sure why it would give you a problem. If all else fails just use an Emulator those always work.

Most likely your problem comes because the GCFs you downloaded are probably outdated. Echo419 or WorldWarIII usually keep on posting the updates of the games' GCFs, so try re-downloading an updated version. Otherwise, get CFToolBox (search the forums) and you should start playing.

EDIT: I just realized that I wasn't the first one to post this :p I wasn't looking when I hit "reply".

Thanks for the fast reply.

I looked into CF TOOLBOX and found out many things. I found out that I needed 4 more GCF files along with Condition Zero.gcf.

These files were:

counter-strike.gcf
half-life engine.gcf
half-life.gcf
platform.gcf

I could get a hold of 3 of them but for some reason, when i try to download: half life engine.gcf with CF TOOLBOX, I get the error: FILE NOT AVAILABLE OR NOT OWNED: HALF LIFE ENGINE.GCF.

So i searched google for this file and found out that it was on CS.RIN.RU forum, but the link to the download was broken so I could not find this file. :(

If you have the file or know where to get it, I would really appreciate your help.

Also, I changed the name of the steam.dll.bak to steam.dll and that did not do anything.. I guess i will have to reinstall steam and then redo the crack with SMD, which is not a problem.

Thanks for the help.

edit: also thanks for asking nicely here...most new ppl are just dumb and ask the stupidest questions without searching

Yes I have been reading. Most people do ask dumb questions, and some people are really impatient and have no appreciation to what you guys do. They just want to play and don't care about anything else which is very wrong.

Hey thanks! I got it working and everything!

But the cracked servers from china are like 500ping for me and when I join i have 300-400. Some other countries have 200 which is good. Well its better than nothing.

Serverlist - Condition Zero -- cracked servers

Three words - "Made in China" :p
Yes unfortunately many server providers don't like to risk their business hosting a cracked game server. Most of the cracked servers are hosted in places out of the US's jurisdiction (like eastern europe and china).

But for games such as Condition Zero, I recommend buying the actual game (which by itself is only around $10).

Thanks for searching before you post. It makes all of our jobs a lot simpler. :)