Shogun 2 v1.1 Build 4768 + Hattori + Ikko Ikki + Sengoku Jidai + Rise of the Samurai + Blood Pack

I personnally didn't have trouble editing the savegame and loading it, though when I past the turn every game messages is replaced by : "You are not running an authentic copy of the game. To buy one, please vite blablabla" and I get this message about 8 times at every turn beginning with random titles like peasant riots or so. I remember it also happenend to me without editing the savegame earlier when this fix wasn't discovered, but it was much later turn-wise.
Any clue on how to fix this ? And by the way, thank you for sharing your time and knowledge with us.

I jUst have found a way how to fix this save game corruption and i have tested it so many times now my game wont crash i havent used exf editor nor i am talking about it i started a new campaign and and i saved at turn 50 then i made it to turn 57 loaded the auto save it was working and at 61 i loaded it again still working i wonder how is this happening ?

Alright I apparently just made it work. I deleted Shogun 2 folder in roaming, and started a new "test" campaing where I just kept the initial town and past the turns until turn 52. Then I did a backup of all those fresh saves in another folder. Then I edited the turn 52 one as I did earlier, and I could load it after and pass a few turns (haven't tested further). The only difference between the first time (besides the fact I only have one town) was that I used a manually saved savegame the second time, while it was the turn 52 autosave earlier. So I assume it doesn't work with an autosave. I'm gonna try and make my "official" campaign, and well, we'll see :) .

Which cracks/patches are you using? Try downloading the ones from post 1 and see if that helps. I've have never experienced this. How many Turns into the game did you experience this "authentic" pop up message. Can you please take screen shots. Try using FRAPS to take screen shots if they are not working using the PrtScrn button and paste to Paint. Tell me exactly what you did?

I replied on the the pardox forums so I won't spam too much :) I just want to had that I can take picture whenever you want but I have no clue on where to upload it.

Don't get the Chinese patch. I am Chinese, it's not a crack first of all, second of all, its purpose is to turn the game into Chinese, so it won't crack your game for you. The first screen tells you how to use the patch. Second one asks if you need to install the DLCs and stuff and that if the game is legit, press no. 3rd one says what the crack does. My bad, it is a crack. It supposedly helps with the bug with right mouse button, space, some bug about save, 12 turn crash bug, general skill bug, diplomacy UI bug, auto manage bug, main menu bug, something about multiplayer buttons bug, surrender bug, after battle bug and the general recruitment bug. For the last screen, the first button says turn the game into Chinese, 2nd one says revert it back to English and last one closes the program.

LATEST
(As of Dec 13 2011)
Shogun 2 v1.1 Build 4358 + Hattori + Ikko Ikki + Sengoku Jidai + Rise of the Samurai + Patch 10
I strongly recommend you purchase Total War Shogun 2 and the DLC's if you like strategy games. For those of you who own legitimate copies of the game and are experiencing crashes proglems when loading saved games, please follow the directions.
Downloads:
  • Steam (The game will not start without Steam installed on your computer)
Installation:

• Mount Total War - Shogun 2 DVD1 and install. When prompt, mount Total War - Shogun 2 DVD2 & Total War - Shogun 2 DVD3. (Installation is English & Russian, don't be alarmed if you see some windows in Russian)
  • Unzip 3DMGAME-Shogun2.CHS.Patch.V3.2.rar and place the 3DMGAME-Shogun2.CHS.Patch.V3.2.exe file in your Shogun 2 folder, where Shogun2.exe is located and run it (Make sure you have disabled your antivirus program because this patch will change the contents of a file, and by AntiVirus definitions, this will be considered a virus. I assure you that it is not).
Hey isnt the patch10 pack already unzipped? thats uploaded on your link?

Don't get the Chinese patch. I am Chinese, it's not a crack first of all, second of all, its purpose is to turn the game into Chinese, so it won't crack your game for you. The first screen tells you how to use the patch. Second one asks if you need to install the DLCs and stuff and that if the game is legit, press no. 3rd one says what the crack does. My bad, it is a crack. It supposedly helps with the bug with right mouse button, space, some bug about save, 12 turn crash bug, general skill bug, diplomacy UI bug, auto manage bug, main menu bug, something about multiplayer buttons bug, surrender bug, after battle bug and the general recruitment bug. For the last screen, the first button says turn the game into Chinese, 2nd one says revert it back to English and last one closes the program.
And how about save corruption? Does it fix it?

BTW, this is RonaldAniban. I can't log in with facebook anymore, I don't know why. Well, I can log in. But after 2 seconds it automatically logs out.

BTW, this is RonaldAniban. I can't log in with facebook anymore, I don't know why. Well, I can log in. But after 2 seconds it automatically logs out.

I don't think so. And I got the 3dm crack for the DLCs, can anyone help as the vanilla game is crashing for me now after turn 55?

Yes this will allow you to play past Turn 52 with out actually going past Turn 52. What happens is the game tags your saved game file between Turn 53-57. Once you reach Turn 58 usually, you're screwed. In order to prevent this, you need a clean-loading saved game from Turn 52 and roll back the Turns and years.
What? So I won't have any issues (as in none) in my saves if I install the v3.2 crack?

And about the way to prevent save corruption by editing saves, why do you turn back the year to 1175? So, if I'm playing a normal Shogun 2 campaign and I turn the year back to 1175, will it really change the time? 1500+ to 1175?

BTW, I'm too fking tired right now. It's 1:30 AM here.

And why can't I still log in with facebook?

Umm... Can you help me with my game, I can't load any game that I saved after turn 55 or the game will crash...

I'm having a problem. I can start the game up fine, but once I try loading one of my saved games it crashes. I also can't do what the OP said with the 'turn 52' stuff because once in a while it'll begin working again, but as soon as I click 'next turn' it crashes, I can only make it up to turn 12 before it began crashing.

I just want to play this. :(

I downloaded the game
Follow all Badboy's Instructions
But When I install done
Copy patch 10 in the folders, and then use the chinese patch from download and patch it
, and click the desktop icon for shogun 2
Nothing happen
:(
I was looking forward to play this
Thanks

I downloaded the game
Follow all Badboy's Instructions
But When I install done
Copy patch 10 in the folders, and then use the chinese patch from download and patch it
, and click the desktop icon for shogun 2
Nothing happen
:(
I was looking forward to play this
Thanks

The Same Thing Happened to me but i solved it I installed some Microsoft visual c++ 2005 redistributable And microsoft visual c++ 2008 redistributable X86 9.0.21022 (if u have 64 bit os then install x64)

One of them is not included in Game installation

Yes I did installed Steam before downloading the game
I installed the game like 3 times but no luck

Ok
First I installed Shogun 2 Total war by R.G. Mechanics from the download links
Then, Copy patch10.pak in Shogun 2 Data Folder
After that, extract in 3dgame crack in Shogun 2 then run it
I pressed no, then middle button, installed with music on
Then turned steam on, and run Shogun 2
In another words, I followed the exact instruction from bad boy.
In the end, I was surprised that it didn't run at all so I installed many times but no luck
Thanks

Ok
First I installed Shogun 2 Total war by R.G. Mechanics from the download links
Then, Copy patch10.pak in Shogun 2 Data Folder
After that, extract in 3dgame crack in Shogun 2 then run it
I pressed no, then middle button, installed with music on
Then turned steam on, and run Shogun 2
In another words, I followed the exact instruction from bad boy.
In the end, I was surprised that it didn't run at all so I installed many times but no luck
Thanks

you have to press yes when you run that 3d game crack

97708186.jpg

then a window will pop up like this then press ok
54715002.jpg

Then after around 15 seconds another window will pop up just click ok and u r done
89627544.jpg

Thanks for the heads up
I had to reinstalled the whole thing over again
Still the same thing happened
The steps you show me above is the last thing I need to do or it keep going after the Choosing the Middle Button
Thanks a lot

I have the same thing. Installed it with the whole 3 images, with upgraded directx and c++, then put the patch10.pack, and used the crack on it. Launced steam, logged in, but when I double-click the game, nothing happens. At all. I didn't install any mods yet too.

I have the same thing. Installed it with the whole 3 images, with upgraded directx and c++, then put the patch10.pack, and used the crack on it. Launced steam, logged in, but when I double-click the game, nothing happens. At all. I didn't install any mods yet too.
you dont have to launch steam and login try launhing the game without starting steam

my... I have been trying 3 times but nothing happens. ( followed as it said)
still can't even start :(
though good job badboy~

I reinstalled it step-by step just in case. Steam is not working - it won't launch. Steam is online - it still won't launch.

Shouldn't have to install steam. Have it running great on 2 PCs with RG mechanics +v3.2 crack/fix and no steam; did install steam on main PC to see if it would speed up startup or something but it had no effect. Unfortunately me and a buddy can't LAN either so; so much for having it on 2 PCs.
If you can't start (even with steam installed) make sure you deleted your appdata shogun2 folder before starting the game again. That was preventing me from starting since I had previously used the crap FLT version.

Right now I'm stuck on save game corruption after turn 52. Trying the ESFeditor method and hoping nothing funky occurs (besides generals ages being whack already from what I see). I'll play a bit now and see how far I can go. What I am curious about though is if you can use ESFeditor and instead of rolling back the turns; rolling them forward about 10 turns. Supposedly the save games are flagged to do this thing between turn 52-60 from reading in other threads. Anyone manage to NOT save at all till well after turn 64 or so to see if those saves are fine? Curious....
Have working legit save file from LEGIT steam copy of shogun2, would be interesting to see what differences there are between the files...

C:\Users\%username%\Appdata\roaming\the creative assembly\shogun2
where %username% is your windows login... thats in Windows 7 at least; I had to wipe out the whole shogun2 folder before starting this RG Mechanics one otherwise it wouldn't start or it would CTD at startup.

Windows XP should be in documents and settings (i think dont remember XP)

EDIT: oh if you don't see the Appdata folder once you're in your user folder, you need to go to Tools>>Folder options and under view, set it to show hidden files and folders and maybe even hidden system folders if it gives you the option

Hello,

I have also the problem of game not starting. I tryied reinstalling it several times, and i also:
1. uninstalled all c++ redistributables from MS, and then installed them again, and not only 2005 but also 2008 and 2010
2. updated direct X, i have 10.1 compatible VGA but i updated version 9.0c, 10.1 reinstalled to be sure (as it is the final verison) and got also latest version of DX 11
3. started and stopped steam, reinstalled, nothing helps, steams IMO do not matters here, there is regfix anyway together with 3 disc images (just remove .txt from the end, and you can just doubleclick the "fix.reg" to apply it)
4. that chineese crack didnt help me either, i cant run it neither in chineese nor english
5. removed Shogun 2 from registry under The Creative Assembly, removed Shogun 2 from my roaming appdata
5. http://segmentnext.com/2011/03/15/total-war-shogun-2-crashes-freezes-errors-and-fixes/
EDIT: i forgot -|- 6. removing *registry.blob (total of 2 files) from steam installation
EDIT2: :D 7. running game as administrator in several different compatibility modes etc...
8. tried what happens if i run Shogun2.exe for every step, right after install, after including pack10, after "cracking" it...
always the same, always nothing. i am just unable to localize the source of problems. it just starts and immidiately ends. if you want to see how fast it ends, just go to properties, compatibility, and turn off desktop composition. i believe it have some deep grounded problem on some systems, becouse it looks like some dependencie(s) fails sooner than the game itself.

i also tried this one
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2175769
and checkup or taking ownership didnt help either.

i also made it through this forum
http://tehparadox.com/forum/f43/tot...p-dlc-latest-patch-crack-3123554/index73.html
where you do refer too, but i ran out of steam, i just read everything i found, but everywhere is the same thing.

right now i am downloading this HORRIBLE thing
http://tehparadox.com/forum/f43/tot...ikkoikki-sjup-dlc-latest-patch-crack-3123554/
one dl at a time, becouse they just had to decide for host hosting on the interweb. nothing worse is available. period.

all i hope for is that this one will work, becouse despite of your great contribution, i just cant get your version of the game get running. older versions were all running OK.
so for all of you here who have same problem as me, i will try this one and report whether it works or not.

BTW my HW is sufficient, and i got Win7 Ultimate x64. All drivers up to date.

Hello,

I have also the problem of game not starting. I tryied reinstalling it several times, and i also:
1. uninstalled all c++ redistributables from MS, and then installed them again, and not only 2005 but also 2008 and 2010
2. updated direct X, i have 10.1 compatible VGA but i updated version 9.0c, 10.1 reinstalled to be sure (as it is the final verison) and got also latest version of DX 11
3. started and stopped steam, reinstalled, nothing helps, steams IMO do not matters here, there is regfix anyway together with 3 disc images (just remove .txt from the end, and you can just doubleclick the "fix.reg" to apply it)
4. that chineese crack didnt help me either, i cant run it neither in chineese nor english
5. removed Shogun 2 from registry under The Creative Assembly, removed Shogun 2 from my roaming appdata
5. http://segmentnext.com/2011/03/15/total-war-shogun-2-crashes-freezes-errors-and-fixes/
EDIT: i forgot -|- 6. removing *registry.blob (total of 2 files) from steam installation
EDIT2: :D 7. running game as administrator in several different compatibility modes etc...
8. tried what happens if i run Shogun2.exe for every step, right after install, after including pack10, after "cracking" it...
always the same, always nothing. i am just unable to localize the source of problems. it just starts and immidiately ends. if you want to see how fast it ends, just go to properties, compatibility, and turn off desktop composition. i believe it have some deep grounded problem on some systems, becouse it looks like some dependencie(s) fails sooner than the game itself.

i also tried this one
http://forums.steamgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2175769
and checkup or taking ownership didnt help either.

i also made it through this forum
http://tehparadox.com/forum/f43/tot...p-dlc-latest-patch-crack-3123554/index73.html
where you do refer too, but i ran out of steam, i just read everything i found, but everywhere is the same thing.

right now i am downloading this HORRIBLE thing
http://tehparadox.com/forum/f43/tot...ikkoikki-sjup-dlc-latest-patch-crack-3123554/
one dl at a time, becouse they just had to decide for host hosting on the interweb. nothing worse is available. period.

all i hope for is that this one will work, becouse despite of your great contribution, i just cant get your version of the game get running. older versions were all running OK.
so for all of you here who have same problem as me, i will try this one and report whether it works or not.

BTW my HW is sufficient, and i got Win7 Ultimate x64. All drivers up to date.

damn.... dont know what to tell you
I did the FLT, was crap not gonna bother with it
and the one on first post of this forum thread, crap also.. save game corruption and fixed that by modifyng the turns and year with ESFeditor BUT
of course it screws up a perfectly good game because your generals die within 2 turns after you do that (they're like 40k years old because of the year change).
they died of natural causes and your total happiness goes down like 4 points across all towns for like 6 turns or something so i went from kicking everythings ass to everything trying to kick my ass (had ikko ikki towns with like 90% ikko religion and 1 bow ashigaru in them all riot as soon as the daimyo died).

anyways i found some info somewhere on how to fix the years on the generals and daimyo when you do this year/turn change.... BUT
said screw it.... loaded up another game i had as chosokabe i wanted to get done and figured, what the heck i'll give it another shot..
time rolls around for the switch, i modify the years/turns and lo an behold every general/daimyo died but didnt get wiped out from mass riots in my cities... problem was, i FINALLY got some generals and children and then i realized i have the stinkin marriage bug crash (thought the 3.2 fix was supposed to fix that)..
tried marrying a general and daughter twice and it crashed so skipped that, then realized im crashing on turn 50 again (played a long game trying to take over everything). bleh gave up
waiting for legit fix instead of a workaround

ok, that other one also do not work, same as previous. maybe it is becouse of me, and i am starting to think that it would run if i reinstalled my windows, but i dont have time and resources to do that right now...

so i hope that proper crack release will be published soon.

Hello.

I did everything as it's written in the first post but there are some problems. I can run shogun and play both shogun 2, rise of the samurai but only for 5-15 turns untill it randomly freezes - sometimes when i choose to declare a war, attacking a castle or choosing the retinue and i have to press alt+ctrl+del to shoot down shogun in windows. I can save and load the game while i'm playing the game but after i quit shogun via the shogun's main menu or i have to because of the freeze i can't - the loading bar progresses to 1/4 on the loading screen, the music turns off and it freezes.
I was trying to run it both in directx 9 and 11 mode, deleting all the files, including hidden ones from c:\user directory but it didn't give me anything.

Hello,
I am having the same problem as prison13. It always crashes when sellecting a retinue for the general. Even if I avoid that, it will still crash later for some random action i do. I can't get past turn 12 (for now). And when i get back into the game, the saves don't work. Its like prison13 said ''the loading bar progresses to 1/4 on the loading screen, the music turns off and it freezes'' and it says Shogun 2 total war is not responding. I was following the instructions, so i don't know what went wrong. So i am just wondering if annyone else is having the same problem and if he fixed it (and how did he fix it).
Thank you.

Fixed the problem! Like Red Khan said, you have to press YES when you run the 3d game crack. I misread the translation from xiantom. Thanx Bad213Boy for the patch & crack!

hi guys. Thanks for great sharing and posting.. Bur I have problem playing game.. I installed game step by step and done.. I am playing game but randomly crashing to desktop.. Sometimes after 15 turn sometimes 20turn after.. I updated all driver sound graphic chipset.... But same thing crashing while game.. How can I solve that problem.. ? Im waitng your ideas guyss

hi guys. Thanks for great sharing and posting.. Bur I have problem playing game.. I installed game step by step and done.. I am playing game but randomly crashing to desktop.. Sometimes after 15 turn sometimes 20turn after.. I updated all driver sound graphic chipset.... But same thing crashing while game.. How can I solve that problem.. ? Im waitng your ideas guyss

Same as above

Ok so I reinstalled and everything is fine until turn 12 wth should I not have activated steam with an actual account?

The Saved Game Fix is working but I have the same problem (crash) in the ~90. turn (52+88 turn). :mad:
Should I use the Saved Game Fix again?
Maybe in every 52 turn?

Back