Steam deleted my account.

Splourne

I have, well had, a Steam account with the Orange Box on it, completely legit, and was going to sell it on my site. The only problem is I think Steam deleted my account. I've had it for about 2 years and hardly ever used it. Why would they do such a thing and how can I get it back? I have the CDs and key for The Orange Box.

I have, well had, a Steam account with the Orange Box on it, completely legit, and was going to sell it on my site. The only problem is I think Steam deleted my account. I've had it for about 2 years and hardly ever used it. Why would they do such a thing and how can I get it back? I have the CDs and key for The Orange Box.
Steam doesn't delete accounts. Why do you think it is "deleted"? What are you getting when you try to login?

You can always create a Steam support ticket and give them your info at support.steampowered.com.

If it says "This account has been disabled." when you login then it has been disabled and can never be un-disabled. Steam usually does this when many people are logging into the account.

If it says "This account has been disabled." when you login then it has been disabled and can never be un-disabled. Steam usually does this when many people are logging into the account.

That's not true. You can always get your account un-disabled depending on why it was disabled. I use to get accounts disabled all the freakin time, and I got them all re-enabled. And, just recently I got 1 account that has been disabled for months and I went to support gave them my CD Key and they enabled it for me.

It's VAC Ban's you can't get back from.

That's not true. You can always get your account un-disabled depending on why it was disabled. I use to get accounts disabled all the freakin time, and I got them all re-enabled. And, just recently I got 1 account that has been disabled for months and I went to support gave them my CD Key and they enabled it for me.

It's VAC Ban's you can't get back from.

OH my bad. Sorry I got it confused. You're right.

well like digitalgeek says
steam never deleted accounts but only disables them
best bet if that you create a ticket in their supprt system stating your problem

If the message was invalid user or password, then your account was probably stolen. Submit a support ticket at https://support.steampowered.com/ and follow their instructions for sending in a CDkey. They can lookup your account based on the CDkey and will tell you what happened.

Just wanted to add that if you do have the paper with a CD key assigned to your account on it, you are almost 100% guaranteed to get your account back. Steam would ask you to write the support ticket # on the paper, scan it in, and then they might ask you a few simple questions before restoring access to your account.

But, keep in mind that selling Steam accounts isn't technically allowed by the EULA, so don't tell them that the reason you need it re-enabled is so you could sell it.

Back