The noob's guide to freesteam.org

zjsfire

FS Member
Ok, now I'm sure the new users are frustrated because you don't seem to know how to navigate the site, or how to get help, how to level, so on and so forth

If i have an unanswered question ask away

(Id just like you to know before you start reading that this will not show you how to use GCF's/NCF's)

Q: Why do I have #noob under my name
A: This is because of FreeSteams ranking system, if you stay active and post to the site rather than just looking for links you will become more respected and sooner or later you will get to the point you may have a shot at becoming FreeSteam staff

Q: I keep asking people for this game and they wont tell me were to find it
A:There is this amazing thing at the top of the site that says "search" and it does just that and it does it rather fast.

Q: People don't seem friendly and i keep getting "flamed"
A: This could be multiple things, maybe you have gained a bad reputation,if you beg or annoy people (i was bad at this at first too) then they are likely to ignore or be mean to you. Another possibility is that you havent gained enough exp, alot of times people get on and ask for a lot of stuff and then just leave, so anyone here that has been here for a while has come to hate seeing #noob. Ask around, post a few threads and help people out and youll be a member in no time. Out of all of these one of the biggest reasons that people are "flaming" you is that they are just asshole ;)

Q: How do i download games
A: this thread will show you everything you need to know about using steam, for free http://www.freesteam.org/forums/tutorials/8633-god-thread-steam-things.html

Q: How do i edit my account picture and signature
A: FreeSteam is much like other forums you just go to quick links and choose edit :)

Q:How do i change the layout of my FreeSteam profile
A:this isn't MySpace, sorry you cant

Q: I asked a question and got multiple different answers from different people how do i know what information to use?
A: If they have [FS] before their name then you can always trust them, they are FreeSteam Staff, if none of the people your talking to have this, look under their name and look at the experience they have achieved. The person with more is most likely right

More to come

REMEMBER: if you need a question answered feel free to ask via pm, email, or just post asking in this thread or the help section

My advice to all of the new members, just have fun and stay active

The noobys guide to freesteam.org

lol are you serious or not, because I can give you a full tutorial, but no, not in this thread I cannot this is for FreeSteam help only.

ya pls alon wit FUD runtim cryptin 2 i ned 2 bypas de avs :(

No. Unless you are spamming useless threads everywhere. Then you probably will be banned. :D

That's weird because I want to sell a guide but I can't post in the marketplace forum :/

I posted in tutorials but it instantly got moved to the garbage bin.

What exactly does level do? Is it just something to make you feel better about yourself? Or something similar to Reputation?

That's weird because I want to sell a guide but I can't post in the marketplace forum :/

This might be Echo at work, the sites admin. Talk to him maybe?

EDIT:
What exactly does level do? Is it just something to make you feel better about yourself? Or something similar to Reputation?

Its both :D

you have to have 50 posts to post in the marketplace forum

Unfortunately I did not find this thread very helpful.

For one, I'm not a total moron, it's true. I know how to use an internet forum.

For another, I know how/where to download games, etc; I'm actually not here for that. I'm raising the goddamn Jolly Roger because I purchased a used copy of some Valve games, and guess what? Can't play them. This threat lacks the pertinent information I require.

couldnt find that post :/ the point was to have people ask questions, thus me being able to post both the question and the answer.

Hi zjsfire,

The quote is from the post just prior to my original one - I've just "snipped it" to make a slight "tongue-in-cheek" comment about this chap's attitude!

He apparently has a high opinion of himself and IMO just needed a small "deflater*" due to his incorrect spelling and hence grammar! ;)

BTW: I appreciate your thread!

cheers
OldFart

* Deflater - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Back