Valve Announces Major Steam Updates

Valve Announces Major Update for Steam
June 20, 2007, 10:27 am - Eric Twelker

Free Update Offers New Community Features for Connecting Gamers

June 20, 2007 -- This summer Valve will ship a major update to its online gaming platform Steam, introducing an advanced set of community features to more than 13 million gamers around the world.

Beginning in July, Steam users can set up their own personal Steam pages and profiles, create and join groups, schedule games with friends, review who they've played with, see how well everyone played, chat with groups, chat via voice, and more. These new community services and features can be used with all Steam games, which include new releases and classic titles from leading publishers and independent developers.

Free of charge, the new community features will be accessible via the Steam desktop client and via the web.

"Our community has given us great direction on the ways they want to see Steam evolve," said Gabe Newell, co-founder and president of Valve. "Adding these new community features to make it easier to connect with other gamers is something we've wanted to see on Steam for a long time and this latest update is just the start. We've got a long list of items that we're working on to make it easier for gamers to connect and play games on Steam."

This upgrade marks the largest extension to the Steam platform since its first commercial release in March 2004. In its three year history, Steam has defined the next generation online gaming platform delivering hundreds of games to millions of users with services such as Guest Passes, Automatic Updates, Free Weekends, and allowing gamers to access their games from any PC.

Steam will be cracked either way :D

It has been owned time after time :D

hey i no this is not the right place to post this but y cant i play the steam games when i get freesteam it says this account dus not own this game please log into the right account

You have to find cracked server that do not require the right account.. you could search around the net.. just google "cracked cs 1.6 servers" and I am sure you will find at least 5.

There was another steam update but I doubt that concerns it, you probably just didn't join the right server like hugz` said.

Cracked servers are awesome if you love outrageous latency and people who think hacking is downloading public hacks... and then using them blatantly for hours on end.

Back