We Are Looking For Staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WorldWarIII

[ Respected ]
We are currently looking for staff here at FS.

We are needing people to fill the following positions:
- Uploader (Upload GCFs, NCFs, and StandAlones with our name/pw on it) [Premium acct provided for uploads]

- Advertiser/Supporter (Someone who can do simple graphics, or put our link up on many forums. Share our content on warez forums with links here, etc. Essentially spam FreeSteam.org)

- Staff/Forum Mod (We need probably just one or 2 of this position. Someone who can roam, help people out, and clear out bad/bs threads and posts. We require you are experienced/knowledgeable with Steam and Steam cracking)

-Graphic designer + Web Dev (We have a few projects for the site that need to be done. Require knowledge with graphic design, HTML, CSS, etc.) [We will allow you to advertise your portfolio]

If you are interested, please post your credentials and we will talk.

hi i'd love to be on staff. i could upload all of the games i have. i can advertise a little and also be a forum mod.

Well Chris you definitely have the post count, and seem to have some knowledge and decent typing skills. You will be put up as consideration for Forum Staff (General Mod, etc)

I'd love to help out here as a staff member. I know I haven't been very active since I joined, but I'd be more then willing to fix that.

I'm very experienced with Steam, Steam Hacking, and Hacking steam games. I've even made a few Counter Strike Source memory hacks about 3 years ago... Nothing public though, I kept them to myself and a few close friends. I love Photoshop, I can't live without it. :-P
I use to build websites (locally) for a living, I use Dreamweaver and Flash... I know HTML, JAVA (+javascript). I have to admit I'm not very good with CSS, but I've been meaning to learn. I know VB, and I'm still learning C/C++.

I'm a MOD on a private torrent site (still Open Registration, site will be referred to as TT). I help people everyday, and I know what I have to do if I were to take on a MOD position. I'd be happy to advertise FS as I do it for TT now, but in a less spam like way.

Really the only thing I'd have trouble helping with is the Uploading, as I am currently on a very bad connection and don't see it getting better anytime real soon.

-DGeek

Well let me see you be active for the next week or 2 and we'll consider you as well. As I can see you were one of our very early members.

Sounds Good WWIII. Yea I became interested in and did most of my Steam Hacking and such in 2006 till the beginning of 2008. Stopped cause of life complications, and as of November I have been trying to pick up where I left off.

I'm pretty much useless on all of those categories...whatever... so you are saying you will provide a premium account for a megaupload, rapidshare, etc.? What if someone you trusted just took the account and left FreeSteam.org? Well I doubt anyone approves but i could possibly be a mod/staff member.

Also, I highly recommend Psuchris and GoldDrak.

I'm up to it. I'm willing to be active and participate in the forum once again.
Over the 2 years that i haven't been here, i've sure learnt a lot and am willing to help around, moderate posts and answer questions.

I don't exactly want "spam", but someone who maybe has some influence/respect at websites that would be happy to support ours or so you could easily link it.

I don't exactly want "spam", but someone who maybe has some influence/respect at websites that would be happy to support ours or so you could easily link it.

I've already started advertising FS on the torrent site I'm a MOD at... I've earned there respect there, hopefully I'll get some of our good members over here.

i'll be mod i've just been visting famlily and have't been on the computer alot mustl to cheek email ect

hey there

i can be staff/uploader too since i upload a lot of steam games :D
i'm respected member on large steam sharing site.

i can get some members over there to join here

I'm tempted to add your link to our clan web site - but I'm worried I might get lynched as our members are mostly family types and aren't fond of account phishers and game hackers. (So, they may not understand the difference with you guys :D).

I have spoken to a few of them about this group so we'll see ... I may rejoin these forums under my usual nick :eek:

Hi all,

Now I'm willing to post a thread on our clan forums because you have some interesting ideas floating about in here - along with a good community attitude.

It also appears as though myg0t is not popular here - we don't get too many of them on our servers and they last about 30 seconds :D

I'll post a link to our forums - but only if that is acceptable to your admins.

cheers
OldFart

OLDFART so thats your nickname?

Yep ;) that's my usual nick!

Now admins - are we allowed to post links to our "legit" forums/servers here - I'm not sure of your rules in that regards and so I'm asking as it's always more polite.

I have already put an announcement about FS on our clan forums and I may just go and BUMP it now :rolleyes:

The core group of this community has a lot going for it IMO, and I'd like to see how my "clan-mates" react!

cheers
OldFart

P.S. Anyone here play DOD 1.3 (Realism), DODS, KillingFloor on servers in Aussieland ?

I think we may be able to start you off as a coder oldfart... By the way I merged your old account with your new one.

I think we may be able to start you off as a coder oldfart... By the way I merged your old account with your new one.

Hi WorldWarIII,

I noticed that - poor old "Attillathehun69" has gone :D

I am getting close to a Beta release of YASAMM so I may be able to assist shortly.

I am currently running our clan's forums (Win2K3, Apache, PHP/MySQL) as well as our dedicated server box - Win2K3 (DOD 1.3, DODS, L4D, L4D2, COD4, KillingFloor).

Our clan is > 100 members (plus our Juniors), we are the #1 DOD 1.3, DODS and killing floor servers in Aus.

To my best knowledge our clan is "Hacker Free" and all the full-members pay for the rental of our servers.

The only reason I mentioned "links" is because it would prove who I am - our forums had 3.5 million hits last year and as long as you guys despise the myg0t mentality (as we do), then we shouldn't have any philosophical clashes.

cheers
OldFart
P.S. Do you want to see what I'm really like - then visit our forums :cool:

I am appart of Oldfart's clan and he recommended that i visit this site and i must say, you guys have done an awesome job.

Oldfart, I think this would be a great place for us to advertise on our forums. It shows our clan members deep, insightful information about the good and bad things going on in the world of Steam and its games.

Just thought i would say thanks Oldfart for sending me here as i am learning many things quickly and i hope you guys at FS keep up the good work.

P.S. Oldfart it's Wranger If you didn't know.;)

Oops my apologies forgetting to mention :eek:

Thank you for giving me the position of "coder" and I hope I can assist with advancing this site's aims ;)

cheers
OldFart

Only a few days left to apply for a staff position, from there we will close all openings until something else opens up.

Each app will be evaluated by the staff here.

Once again! Oldfart, Psuchris, and GoldDrak are recommended by me if I can't have a position. I don't deserve it anyway :D I'm pretty sure older members who are more appreciated, more posts, etc. better deserve it :D For example: Fallen101 (sorry if I misspelled) Jake, Wad92, Megumi, sorry if I forgot anyone. Also, I'd like to mention i saw a FS member who had 12 posts... come on. Seriously? You need to higher that member limit significantly.

they are just allowing everyone to be considered at the moment. they will then choose who they think are the best members to hold the positions

Once again! Oldfart, Psuchris, and GoldDrak are recommended by me if I can't have a position. I don't deserve it anyway :D I'm pretty sure older members who are more appreciated, more posts, etc. better deserve it :D For example: Fallen101 (sorry if I misspelled) Jake, Wad92, Megumi, sorry if I forgot anyone.

Hey Lowdown,

Don't keep putting yourself down - energetic people like you are the backbone of any successful forum - and I speak from experience here. I may or may not be accepted here - but the choice is out of my hands, so I won't worry about it. :D

Now - I may be able to help you with your C/C++ as I have been involved with those languages for more than 20 years mostly as a contractor (and I'm still learning). Please feel free to PM me and if you are interested I may add to an already existing "Learn C++" thread that I spotted a while ago - there I'll mention a few things that I have learned. :p

cheers mate ;)
OldFart

It all depends on what you can contribute to freesteam in the long term.

Anyone who wishes to be part of the team can apply.

C++ is fun but I just don't like the idea of having plenty of header files and having to use separate toolkit for GUI development.

i think it'll have to do with what they've posted and if the have more than 100 posts

there are many different criteria, not just posts lol.

Sometimes its not about posts, and more about who you are (experience, etc).

It all depends on what you can contribute to freesteam in the long term.

Anyone who wishes to be part of the team can apply.

C++ is fun but I just don't like the idea of having plenty of header files and having to use separate toolkit for GUI development.

you really dont have any of those things. And anything with any power will need includes. Even garbage Java has a ton of imports. And it really depends on what you are doing, as that will depend on the headers you will need, and most are included with the compiler.

jimster480.poster.png

In Java, you will have to import packages just to use them, it's just a one-liner, can also turn out to be long unless you use something like import javax.swing.* (not recommended other for starters).

As for C++, having to create .h header files to specify class functions along with .cpp code files is just extra work.

Anyway, choose the language that you are comfortable with.

I love it how there are people in this thread who are asking to be considered then two posts later are saying that they aren't good enough and that there are better people for the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back