Why is Q6800 Intel C2D so EXPENSIVE !?

mophez

This is my first rant ever about something thats been reaaaaly pissing me off.

I , just like any other gaming guru want to obtain he best PC for something that is affordable and efficient. Why is the 6800 C2D so DAMN EXPENSIVE !
Its almost 1/4 my monthly wage ! The damn CPU costs 1329$ AUD What drives me nuts is that in a few months something better will come out and as usual I ll get kicked in the nuts and be forced a year later to upgrade to something similar with about teh same price.
I think it is about time intel dropped their prices and maximised their mass production by a bigger margin . Maybe their production costs are high but damn try and lower it down a BIT!

/rantquit

they are never going to drop there prices on new cpus wait a few months till something better comes out... then buy the Q6800 you wont have to upgrade for along time

they are never going to drop there prices on new cpus wait a few months till something better comes out... then buy the Q6800 you wont have to upgrade for along time

Sure I wont have to upgrade for a long time, just like they said when i bought a bfg 6600 and 512mb ram then a 7800gt then a 7900gto. I always have to upgrade and its always my wallet that is victimised . :(

after buying something for a computer like 3 months later it is outdated and there is something new on the market so if u do buy something get the best and you wont have to upgrade for along time

The Q6800 is a Quad-Core ;) Not a dual-core ;) Its a new technologie and now they want much money for it :D

Back