How to Play Cry Of Fear Without Steam! Works 100% For me!!

MasTuR.Ch99F

Hello dear fellas ,
Today i'm going to... oh f*ck it just read the title and let's get down to business!

First thing , Make sure you have got half life 1 and Cry Of Fear.
You Must Install Cry Of Fear in Half-Life's directory where hl.exe is located.
When you Finish installing , Go to Cry Of Fear's directory and look for a file named "autoexec", Open the file (Using Notepad or Wordpad) and you will see a list of commands. One of them is "sv_lan 0", Remove the "0" and replace it with a "1" and it should like this "sv_lan 1". Now create a Shortcut for hl.exe , Right click the new shortcut ( you can name it whatever you want.) and select Properties, Then the "Target" bar the one that shows the location of the shortcut, add a space at the end of it and then type this "-game cryoffear" (Without the quotes) and apply.
For example : "C:\Program Files\Valve\Half-Life\hl.exe" -game cryoffear

I Did the same steps as these and started a new game and chose a DIFFICULTY and started playing just like as if i had the original Half-Life and running through Steam, And worked 100% for me! hopefully for you guys too.
And at the end,
I Hope you piss your pants playing this game just like i did.

Have fun!

Great tut, there is already one but well...
PS: You should have put this in the "Tutorials" section. This one is for questions and support.

Thanks , i didn't know there was one already because i rarely sign into this forum or any forum... and i read a thread that had so many people who couldn't start playing this mod. after messing around i found a way to start playing it and right after that i posted a tutorial right here.

Can you tell me how do i move this thread to the tutorials sections ?

Back