Introduction To Your31f.

yours31f

FS Member
I'm yours31f. No my name didn't come from 1337 5p34k. It's actually from Halo. Yes, the first one. The name originally was yourself, but once Halo 2 came out, I wanted to play online. Of course, the name was taken, so i tried to add numbers instead of letters. Back before I knew anything about computers. Then I became accustomed to it and have used it since.

In more detail I have A.D.D., so to keep my mind busy, I try to learn constantly. That is why I learned French and Spanish. Spanish, I learned because I was going to have to learn for school so I started in the seventh grade. I learned French instead of anything else because when I was playing live, I had alot people on my friends list that spoke it, and would make tactical decisions right in front of me. Now, I do the same to others, and you have no idea how much it comes in handy. As far as the near future, I'm looking into either German or Dutch. Not sure yet, just which ever comes in handy more.

When I first heard the word hacker, I saw it as a title. I wanted to be cool, smart, or just noticed. As you can tell, I was not too popular in those days. So, I started learning. Day and night, I stayed up, reading anything and everything. Asking questions any time I had one. I still to this day like to learn, and now realize that hacking is so much more than a cool title. It's more than a philosophy, as Mr_Cheese put it. It's more than knowing exploits. It's a way of thinking. Not that you can hack something, but how else can I hack this. How can I get passed this to make it stronger, more secure, and better at its job.

In the past I wanted to learn as much as possible in as many areas as possible. Then I read a quote that changed that completely. "You can be fair in everything, or great at something". That made me realize, why just know the basics of everything? Why not just learn one thing and be good at it. So I decided to go with what I enjoy doing most. It has changed so I am alright in a few areas but, I still have time to specify in one area. I have experience in programming a few languages, such as C++, HTML (like everyone else), PHP, CSS, Java, BrainFuck and some of a few others. I liked cryptography most so far , though. It just has so many ways you can do it, and you can almost make it into a game by trying to beat the newest and hardest of them all.

The reason computers are so great, is because there is no limit to what you can learn, do, or find with them. If you find that you don't like the topic, move on. How can you not be interested in something that has everything, well almost.

Well that's me in a nutshell. If you would like to know anything else about me, feel free to ask. I am always checking my IM, e-mails, and messages here. I have done most of the challenges here, no where near all, but if you have a question pertaining to a challenge, feel free to ask, and I will help to the best of my ability. take it from me, If you don't do the best you can, why do it at all?

Back