[REQUEST] Certificate usage tutorial

I

Its2l82die

Hi i would like to request a certificate usage tutorial and since i didn't know where to post my request i posted it here since it is related to tutorials and since there is not rules in this sub-forum i believe it is fine to post requests here if it isn't so please delete this thread.

the point is i don't know how to use the certificate and would like someone to post here how to use it, thanks.

xxbr3ndanxx

Apr 16, 2007
There are 2 types of certs. One type is where u install it and the other is where you put it in to your steam directory. Both need CAC. You can get it from cafe.steampowered.com

Dec 5, 2006
Go to cafe.steampowered.com and then on install steam for cafes. Now Download and install steamcafe client (CAC)
Now the part im not sure about: Put your certificate into steam directory or install it and launch steam.

Dec 3, 2006
US
www.freesteam.org
Steam for Cafes [cac.cfg] File Settings

- Make the user login controls appear and allow the user to use their own Steam Login with CAC.

Default:
Code:
# set "true" to make the user login controls appear and allow the user to use their own Steam Login with CAC
# AllowUserLogin = false
Changed:
Code:
# set "true" to make the user login controls appear and allow the user to use their own Steam Login with CAC
AllowUserLogin = true
* Click 'Continue' button to login to a random Cafe account, like CAC starting normally.

- Exit Steam completely after each game?
Default:
Code:
# Exit Steam completely after each game?
# ExitSteamAfterGame = true
Changed:
Code:
# Exit Steam completely after each game?
ExitSteamAfterGame = false

AnTh

Jun 26, 2007
Thanks for this help. it would greatly help most people when receviing a cert as they prob wont know what to do

Dec 3, 2006
US
www.freesteam.org
Certificate Installation Notes

- Not compatible with Windows Vista.
- Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 installation required.
- CertMaker must be allowed access to the Internet.
- CertMaker takes a few moments to start the installation.

Dec 3, 2006
US
www.freesteam.org
What about the 'config.cfg' file? Yeah, you need it for the CertMaker to install the certificate.
You can get a certificate by purchasing VIP here or wait and see if they allow certificate requests again, in which you will need at least 20 posts to do.