Windows Server 2008 R2 and Remote Desktop Services (RDS), A New Name for Terminal Services

FSOwner

FS Owner
In Windows Server 2008 R2, Terminal Services is renamed to Remote Desktop Services (RDS). RDS introduces the new Remote Desktop Connection Broker – an expansion of the Session Broker in Windows Server 2008 – which provides the administrator with a unified experience for setting up user access to both Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and traditional session-based remote desktops. Together with Hyper-V and System Center Virtual Machine Manager, the Remote Desktop Connection Broker enables a VDI solution. The Remote Desktop Connection Broker it complements shared RDS infrastructure components in Windows Server 2008, such as Remote Desktop Web Access or Remote Desktop Gateway. Windows Server 2008 R2 also introduces a series of platform enhancements for remote desktop users – such as support for multiple physical monitors, redirection of multimedia and 3D content, including Vista Aero, and enhanced, bi-directional audio support. To follow the development of RDS, this Team Blog is good place to start.

view.gif
View Full Article: TechNet Blogs

I was using windows server 2008 for a wile i had lots of fun with my own dns server but now im using vista and i realy dont know wat everyone is complaining about.I have no problem with gameing.(The computer im useing is an acer )

Back