1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

call of duty 4

Discussion in 'Filled' started by tink636, July 27, 2008.

1. tink636

tink636 New Member

can i have the cod 4 gcf's
  2. rushil01

rushil01 Maestro of Meyhem

3. Renegade334

Renegade334 New Member

Maybe a better Question:
    Is it possible to (or even better: How can I) insert CoD4 in Steam-Buster with only the ncf's and the retail version? I own the game, but wanted to include it in a lan version of steam ;)

//edit:
    sry already found the answer ;)
    should have read all stickys first...
  4. flv1333

flv1333 FS Member

At least you read.... some of the other noobs post without opening and reading a single thread.
  5. Renegade334

Renegade334 New Member

Hehe
    I'm still trying to get it work, but it's not that easy ;)

It still asks for a DVD...I'll start google a bit, but I think I'll use a Crack or I'm screwed because I use the original files...
  6. flv1333

flv1333 FS Member

Cracks always work, try this place here
  7. Renegade334

Renegade334 New Member

Yeah used one from megagames and it worked...
    The only Problem I now have is the key.
    Of course I don't want to give away my key ;)
    But as far as I know the key isn't even saved in the gamefolder, so I have the ppl that load the pack from me to enter a key themselves...not very userfriendly :(
    But the main thing is that it works *g*

//edit:
    there was a cod 4 dat.ncf in the package that i missed...maybe that changes something ^^

//edit2:
    ok now i have the game 2 times in the list ;)
    maybe someone put it in the package 2 times with various files ^^
  8. flv1333

flv1333 FS Member

The CD key is stored in the registry I belive. Well I used that "Hack" to get to lvl 55 instantly. t(-_-t) lol.
  9. .ISO

.ISO FS Member

Search my boy...
  10. Renegade334

Renegade334 New Member

Can you post a link to that "hack" plz? ;)
    I am lvl 55 but the other complain about me geting better weapons on lan and when u change the key the stats are resettet xD
    Think with everyone lvl 55 its a bit more fair :D
    Hmm since I included most of the games we typically play on lan, Steam-Buster grows to around 70GB...pretty bad for sharing ;)

Btw. nice sig :)
    Selfmade?

//edit:
    What do i have to search for?
    where the key is stored?
    i think i'm going to write a little tool that does the changes for the enduser, because i have similar problems with soulstorm and the all-races-patch ;)
  11. .ISO

.ISO FS Member

No. Freesteam doesn't support game hacks. We had a vote on it.

What do i have to search for?
    Call of duty 4...

where the key is stored?
    Registry

i think i'm going to write a little tool that does the changes for the enduser, because i have similar problems with soulstorm and the all-races-patch ;)

good luck
  12. Renegade334

Renegade334 New Member

Thx ^^
    Ok maybe I'll play some time with a fake-key for lan...in 3 or 4 hours i should be lvl 55 and then i have the desired lvl 55 profile xD
    For the Key (if anyone later looks here and has the same problem xD):
    It's stored in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Activision\Call Of Duty 4" in the key "codkey". On 64-bit Vista It's stored in "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Activision\Call Of Duty 4"...
    So it should be no big deal to write one of those 2 keys into the registry ;)

Anyway thanks for the nice talk *g*
  13. WorldWarIII

WorldWarIII Guest

Thanks for you not being a complete noob. We love you kind of new guys the best. :)
  14. .ISO

.ISO FS Member