install 2 legit steams on one computer

psuchris

FS Member
ok so i want to install steam on my portable hard drive so i can then download the games i just bought onto that instead of it taking up my hard drive space on my computer. i tried to install it but when i download the installer from the steam website it only says repair or uninstall since i have steam installed on my computer already. i tried just copying the steam files over to my portable hard drive but when i ran it it brought up my games already on the computer which means it is going by the steamapps folder of the original steam.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

how do i install it on my portable hard drive while keeping the one on my computer?

ps: i don't want to uninstall steam from my computer since it has all my games in the steamapps folder. and if i copied them over to my hard drive it would take a couple days. so i would like to know a solution that doesn't uninstall my regular steam unless that is the only way.

ok nvm i figured it out. i just copied the steam files over to my portable hd and it worked. it didn't work b4 because i ran the shortcut not the .exe. LOL of course the shortcut is still linked to the original steam.exe. :)

Back