PLEASE Help me.

SupahKat

FS Member
I have been trying to get HL2EP2 running for a long time. I have all valid, updated GCF's. I've tried running it through cracked steam (steamup!) with no luck. I've tried creating a standalone using GCFScape and revEmu, no luck. I've tried using MiSteamPrep with hookEmu, steamEmu, and revEmu, all with no luck. Every time, I get just about to the main menu, (right after the valve and source logos) then it crashes and says "could not load library client" or something like that. What can I do?

check files with cftoolbox (validate) don't just look if it's 100% or outdated
goto games tab select episode 2, there press validate
if you got any error, correct episode 2
make an archive then we can update your ep 2
also, what OS are you running 7/vista/xp - x86/x64

check files with cftoolbox (validate) don't just look if it's 100% or outdated
goto games tab select episode 2, there press validate
if you got any error, correct episode 2
make an archive then we can update your ep 2
also, what OS are you running 7/vista/xp - x86/x64

I've done all that. HL2 and EP1 ran flawlessly, but now NONE of my half life games are running (not even portal). I'm on 7. All files are valid.

hmm, what steam crack are you using?
tried offline launch?
or with steam emulator like UCL or SteamBuster (*MiSteamPrep is to prepare steam content, not to launch it*)

hmm, what steam crack are you using?
tried offline launch?
or with steam emulator like UCL or SteamBuster (*MiSteamPrep is to prepare steam content, not to launch it*)

It's all listed in my first post. SteamUp! plus I already know MiSteamPrep is to prepare

I've tried using MiSteamPrep with hookEmu, steamEmu, and revEmu, all with no luck.

MEANING: I used Prep to prepare the files then tried launching with those emulators.

Back