Another friggin Undead Patch error

DeathToHaxors

FS Member
I patched my Steam with the Undead Patch a couple months ago and it worked flawlessly, but then about a week later...

it started saying "steam is to busy to handle your request, please try again later, on both games and tools.

it kinda sucks, sitting here pressing install 50 times per second and I dont want to restart the WHOLE Steam thing and get rid of both Garry's Mod and other games... so any help that would not make me restart my Steam games?

Im pretty sure someone else has this same problem...:

that is a common error and cannot be fixed. what it means is that steam is denying you access to that game cause you do not own it. but if you still want the game what you would have to do is manually download the gcf/ncf files and the game's content into your steamapps folder, to find those just search here for the game you want to download and download part 1 to part x (the number of files varies on the game) and extract them then move all the gcf/ncf files to your steamapps folder located in your steam directory, and the common folder into your steamapps folder as well, and when it asks to merge/replace the folder select yes to all. now some of the gcf/ncf files may not be completely up to date and wont allow you to play the game, in that case make a request in the in the requests section of the link i just gave you. then replace the outdated gcf/ncf with the updated one or apply the patch, depending on the update you receive.
hope that helps
Nitestalkr OUT! :p

Yeah, that error was there from the beginning of patches...was it? Ah whatever, Your patch didn't just suddenly get an error it's been there the whole time. nitestalker is right if you want games, download the GCF/NCF and common into your steamapps folder.

woot im right :p
and yea that errors been there after the first update of steam, when it first came out it wasnt there so it allowed hackers to get whatever they wanted with out the troubles of today

Back